Evaluation of the NIMD Programme 2011-2014
Since 2000 the NIMD has supported political parties in over 20 countries. Throughout its 15 years of existence it has commissioned an institutional evaluation at the end of each multi-annual period to evaluate its programmatic and institutional results and capture recommendations for its next multi-annual period. This has led to two institutional evaluation processes and reports, one in 2005 and one in 2010.
Early 2015, it commissioned its third evaluation to review the organization’s work in the 2011-2014 Multi-Annual Plan period, with three objectives:
- to assess the extent to which NIMD achieved results in the period 2011–2014, with a focus on its three main areas of intervention and one cross-cutting theme:
- multiparty dialogue;
- legitimate political parties;
- interaction between political society and civil society; and
- integration of gender and diversity across its work.
- to assess the extent to which the NIMD Multi-Annual Plan, 2012-2015 (MAP); ‘2014 Theory of Change’ and accompanying institutional reforms led to increased effectiveness.
- to make recommendations on how to further embed or strengthen NIMD’s internal reforms in order to position it as an effective leader in its field.
The NIMD Board takes pleasure in releasing the outputs of this evaluation. They include: