Online communications officer
This is a newly created position. The role of the Online Communications Officer will be to create engaging and innovative communication campaigns that will increase the visibility and brand awareness of our organization. The Online Communications Officer is placed in the Knowledge and Strategic Relations team and will work closely together with NIMD’s Communications Advisor.
The Online Communications Officer will be responsible for updating and maintaining the NIMD website and social media presence. This includes:
- Ensuring that the online strategy is aligned with the organizational objectives and is incorporated in the communications strategy of NIMD.
- Preparing and maintaining a web editorial calendar in coordination with NIMD Headquarters and implementing partners.
- Developing and implementing online campaigns (content marketing) to target key audiences, and measuring success in achieving them, especially on the following topics: working in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Settings, Innovating Democracy, Gender Equality, and the role/importance of political parties.
- Working with staff in conceptualizing and writing content or commissioning specific content to be written by online writers or staff elsewhere.
- Ensuring content is appropriately targeted to key audiences, including the management of translation of content as needed.
- Producing and editing creative content (film/audio, infographics, PowerPoint/Prezzi presentations) and writing (news)articles.
- Assisting with day-to-day communication activities such as organizing events, creating visuals and designing/editing documents (e.g. policy papers).
You are a creative communications professional with an understanding of international development issues and the communication needs of key stakeholders, such as bilateral and multilateral donors, political parties, political party assistance organizations, NGOs and academic institutions. You love to think out of the box and have concrete experience in creating appealing and effective content and communication products based on a clear stakeholder analysis.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of three years of demonstrable communications experience, including use of a range of communications techniques involving social media.
- A minimum of three years of experience in writing excellent and effective external materials for a range of stakeholders and reports and briefs for internal colleagues.
- Ability to initiate and manage a continuing editorial process and to conceptualize and execute the online packaging of content.
- Proven ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, direct, and lively style.
- Experience producing for the web and knowledge of software packages for page formatting, image management, videos, and content preparation (HTML, Photoshop, InDesign or similar software).
- Ability to work with online communication tools and methodologies (such as online monitoring, web analytics, or other online measurement tools) and to lead research efforts that identify stakeholders or intended audiences.
- Experience in search engine optimization and online marketing
- Fluent in English (near-native speaker). Since NIMD works worldwide proficiency in other NIMD country languages is a benefit.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Communications.
Applicants must be Dutch nationals, residents of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
We offer a position for 32 hours at our office in The Hague. You will work under the Head of Knowledge & Strategic Relations and in close collaboration with the Communications Advisor. NIMD offers a competitive salary.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume in English to email@example.com. We encourage you to include some recent examples of your work (e.g. articles, videos, campaign material) in your application.
Please address your application to our Communications Advisor, Anita Ramharakh. If you have questions, you can call Anita on 070-311 7290.
Acquisition related to this vacancy is not appreciated.