The Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD) works to strengthen inclusive, democratic political systems worldwide. To that end, we work with the entire political sector in a country, from aspiring politicians to political leaders, and from national to local level. We firmly believe that politics should serve the citizens; without accountable and effective political governance, it will be hard to achieve peace, stability and prosperity for all.
Our approach is unique and characterized by dialogue: we bring actors from across the political spectrum together. We work on their knowledge and competences, and empower them to cooperate in a constructive manner on issues that affect them, their country as well as the broader region. Currently, we run programmes in more than 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia, the MENA region and the Eastern European Neighbourhood.
NIMD’s main office is located in the political heart of the Netherlands, in The Hague. Here we have a strong and committed staff of around 25 people. At country level, we work with local partners, as country ownership is crucial for serious impact. Our culture is informal and open, and encourages initiative, professionalism and interaction. NIMD is politically impartial and driven by strong democratic values.
We are looking for a PME coordinator who will be responsible for overseeing all PME processes, capacity strengthening for partner organizations and supervision of the PME team.
Coordinator Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Further develops and shapes NIMD policies and quality standards on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) to show NIMD’s impact and added-value and assists and advises on (strategic) planning issues.
- Manages, maintains and further develops the NIMD system and instruments for PME (including PME handbooks and guidelines, Theories of Change, indicator frameworks, etc).
- Is responsible for gathering, aggregation and analysis of monitoring and evaluation data, aggregating this data to strategic levels and sharing it with those working at programme level, the management, partners and donors of NIMD.
- Is responsible for PME data management in NIMD’s project management system and in IATI in close cooperation with the PME officer.
- Assesses and evaluates programme and project reporting against a set quality standard, and provides feedback towards colleagues and partners in close cooperation with the PME officer.
- Leads the further development of PME and Results Based Management in the field of Political Party Assistance and Democracy Support.
- Guides NIMD programme evaluations, pilots new and innovative evaluation methods in close cooperation with the PME Advisor.
- Contributes to enhancing the knowledge and skills of NIMD staff and partner organisations and local NIMD offices in PME.
- Assists in designing the intervention logic of new programmes and projects of NIMD, partner organisations and local NIMD offices.
- Maintains external relations and represents NIMD at events relevant to the PME coordinator position.
- Excellent oral and written command of English language. Knowledge of Dutch, French and/or Spanish will be considered an asset
- Relevant academic background
- At least 8 years of relevant PME related working experience
- A proven track-record on PME in capacity building programmes in development cooperation obtained through working for international and/or multilateral organizations preferably in the area of Democratic Governance.
- Practical experience in developing instruments and systems for PME.
- The capacity to translate complex analyses and reports of political processes in accessible language and practical advises.
- An affinity with the political approach of NIMD’s programmes and is culture sensitive.
The candidate possesses good analytical skills, quality awareness and good oversight, takes the initiative and is capable of coordinating and inspiring the Programme Managers to jointly develop and execute PME processes. S/he is an effective team player who likes to coordinate work processes and act as a spider in the web. S/he is able to both work in various teams, but also alone. S/he is not afraid to advise and can realize the connection between analysis and abstraction and daily practice.
The Coordinator PME will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Programmes & Projects and works in the Programme Team with close consultation with the Knowledge and Strategic Relations Team. S/he will cooperate with the Programme Managers and the partners of NIMD in order to give shape and execute the NIMD’s PME strategy. NIMD offers competitive conditions of employment. This position falls in scale 12 of the BBRA with a salary between €42.700 to max. €63.500 gross on a full-time (38 hours) basis.
Applicants must be Dutch nationals, residents of a European Union member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications before 30 April 2018, to the Head of Programmes & Projects at email@example.com. Additional information can be obtained by contacting Karijn de Jong on +31.70.311.54.64.